One of the main flaws of white garments is that, as the days go by, they acquire a yellowish hue that makes them appear aged.
Although many prefer them because they combine very well with other colors and look in any style, it is always necessary to know how to treat them during washing so that they are kept in good condition.
And is that, although some do not notice, the sweat, dust and detergents are generating alterations in the tissues until they make them look deteriorated.
Because of this, it is good to know some homemade tricks that, from natural ingredients, help keep them white without the need for aggressive chemicals and harmful to the environment.
1. Baking soda
Baking soda is a natural product that has been used as a cleansing supplement for many years.
Its whitening, antibacterial and astringent properties make it easy to remove dirt and possible sweat or food stains.
Many consider that it is the natural detergent par excellence since, in turn, leaves the soft tissues and free of Perdido.
How to use?
- Add a generous amount of baking soda in a bucket of water and then dip the white garment.
- Let it soak for 30 or 40 minutes and rinse it with your usual soap.
- Put it to dry in the sun and repeat the same procedure to avoid future stains.
- In case of sweat stains, moisten the affected areas, apply baking soda and rub them with a brush.
Fresh lemon juice is one of the most recommended bleaching agents for the maintenance of white garments.
Its natural acids penetrate the tissues and facilitate the elimination of traces of food, sweat and other substances that generate stains.
In turn, its citrus aroma neutralizes the unpleasant odors that are usually caused by bacteria and moisture.
How to use?
- Squeeze the juice of several fresh lemons and mix with warm water in a bucket.
- Then soak the garment you want to bleach and leave it for 40 minutes.
- Wash as usual and dry in direct sunlight.
The salt that is used in the kitchen can be a great complement to remove the percudido that usually alter the tones of the white garments.
Its absorbent power removes sweat marks and other substances that stick to the fabric.
How to use it?
- Add 3 or 4 tablespoons of salt in a bucket of warm water and soak the linen for 2 or 3 hours.
- After this time, rinse with detergent and dry in the sun.
- For sweat stains on the armpits or necks, rub the salt directly onto the fabric and wait for it to sit 30 minutes.
4. Hydrogen peroxide
Hydrogen peroxide, known by many as hydrogen peroxide, is a natural ingredient that can help improve the tone of white garments.
Its compounds eliminate the percudido and leave a brighter white.
How to use?
- Add one part of hydrogen peroxide to every 3 parts of water and soak clothes for 2 hours.
- After this time, rinse in the washing machine with your favorite detergent.
- If stains are very difficult, moisten the affected areas and apply hydrogen peroxide directly.
5. White vinegar
White vinegar is one of the products that cannot be missing inside the home since it is one of the best ecological cleaning agents that we can find.
Its acidic compounds clean the tissues of white garments and help prevent yellow spots or percussion.
By the way, it acts as a natural softener and leaves the fabrics with a more pleasant feeling.
How to use?
- Combine the white vinegar with your usual detergent and add it to one of the compartments of the washer’s box.
- Wash clothes as usual and dry in the sun.
- Optionally, apply the vinegar to the stained garments and let it act 30 minutes before rinsing.
Have you tried these tricks? Now that you know how to give a better treatment to your white clothes, put these tips into practice and check that you can keep them as new without exposing you to the strong chemicals.