Vinegar and bicarbonate have traditionally been used in many ways for all kinds of health and beauty remedies. They are two products and foods effective, cheap and easy to get, so we should all have them at home.
In addition to being used as household cleaners or to wash hair naturally, this article explains how this combination is a health remedy to prevent all kinds of diseases and maintain ideal weight. Amazing, right?
Why do we combine vinegar with baking soda?
This remedy gives us all the benefits of apple cider vinegar and baking soda, which we will cite below. Sodium bicarbonate and vinegar have opposite pH, ie alkaline and acid respectively, which allows us to drink this drink without harming ourselves. In this way we get all the properties of the remedy without acidifying our body, which already has the pH is usually altered because poor nutrition or bad habits cause even more acidity.
On the other hand, although many people consume sodium bicarbonate to combat gastric acidity, that is not good either in the long run because it can alter the naturally acidic pH of the stomach. We need the hydrochloric acid in the stomach to be balanced so that it can digest food well.
Properties of apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is an excellent medicinal food, able to purify our body and at the same time revitalize it, thanks to its abundant nutritional values. It contains vitamins A and B, essential fatty acids, enzymes and multiple minerals, such as calcium, phosphorus, potassium, magnesium, sulfur, zinc, iron or silicon, among many others.
Most important properties
- It helps us eliminate toxins thanks to its sulfur content and also acts directly on the liver, helping us to metabolize fats better.
- It prevents urinary tract infections and takes care of our kidneys as it helps us keep our urinary tract and urine clean.
- It increases our metabolism and eliminates excess fat from our body, which helps us to lose weight.
- It is a great diuretic, so it allows us to remove excess fluids from our body.
- Prevents ocular dryness due to its vitamin A content.
- It improves the digestive processes because it is rich in enzymes. Very useful in case of flatulence, acidity, heaviness, etc.
- Combat constipation, improving the state of our intestinal flora.
- It disinflames the gums, in which case we recommend shaking it a little in the mouth before swallowing it.
- Eliminates mucus in cases of colds and sinusitis.
- It reduces the levels of cholesterol, triglycerides and uric acid.
- Relieves a cough and sore throat.
- It prevents muscle cramps thanks to its mineral content.
- It improves the state of our skin and hair thanks to its content in vitamins and minerals.
- It reduces the risk of all types of stones, be it bile, liver and kidney.
- Combats gastric hyperacidity relieves it immediately; It also treats and prevents gastric ulcers, which are produced in too acidic media.
- Prevents kidney stones from uric acid.
- Calm urinary tract infections.
- It improves dental health and prevents problems such as decay, gingivitis or tartar.
How do we prepare it?
The ideal ratio is as follows:
- A glass of warm or hot water, since cold water can be harmful to the liver.
- A tablespoon of apple cider vinegar.
- A pinch of baking soda.
We will try to make apple cider vinegar ecological and of the highest quality, and to be really effective it would have to be raw, that is, not pasteurized. Following the method of preparation that was done in the past. In this way, we will benefit from all your properties.
How do we take it?
We can take one to three glasses a day, but it is essential that we do it on an empty stomach at least one hour before the next meal.
If we want to do a cleaning of the body we will take a glass one hour before each of the three main meals. If instead, we want to do a maintenance, we will take a glass in fasting, at least one hour before breakfast.