The abdomen is one of the areas of the body that we prefer to work on a constant basis, not only because its muscles tend to lose firmness, but because it is one of the parts that accumulate more fat.
We know that keeping it slim helps us to stylize the figure and also allows us to wear many of our favorite garments in comfort.
However, we recognize that it is difficult to achieve, since it is necessary to adopt good eating habits and exercise every day.
Luckily, to tone it, we do not have to resort to gym machines or workouts difficult to execute.
In fact, just carry out a few simple exercises that can be done from the comfort of our home, at any time of day.
1. Abdominal plate with forearms
The abdominal iron is a strengthening and toning exercise that, in addition to improving the appearance of our belly, reduces back pain.
Although the posture seems simple, it is an exercise of physical exigency that requires concentration and balance.
How to do it?
- Face down on the floor with your forearms and toes.
- Keep your back straight and make sure your elbows are just below the shoulders.
- Try to contract the abdominal muscles and support the posture for 30 seconds.
- Once you gain resistance, the time increases to 40 or 45 seconds.
- Performs 4 series.
2. Basic abs
While there are many ways to vary your abs, basic exercise continues to help tone your muscles.
They are ideal for beginners and, in addition, complement the benefits of other activities.
How to make them?
- Lie on your back, your knees bent and your soles on the floor.
- Rest your head on the fingers of your hands, keeping your elbows open.
- Contract the abdominal muscles and begin to lift the head, so that you take off the upper back of the floor.
- Hold for 2 or 3 seconds and return to the starting position.
- Perform at least 15 repetitions, for 4 sets.
This abdominal exercise mimics the movement we do while riding a bicycle, but it allows us to focus work on the muscles in this area of the body.
In fact, your regular practice helps us strengthen the lower back and improves leg circulation.
How to do it?
- Lie on your back, raise your legs and bend your knees to a 90 degree angle.
- Keeping this position, without dropping the legs, try to join one of the elbows with the opposite leg, and extend it.
- Perform alternate movements with each elbow and leg, until completing 20 repetitions.
- When performing the exercise you should center the force on the abdomen, so that it helps you to turn the trunk.
- Complete 3 or 4 sets.
4. Lower abdominals
To tone the lower abdominals we suggest you do this simple exercise that focuses just in this area.
You must pay attention to the movement you do, since you can not take your back off the ground.
How to do it?
- Lie on your back and lean with your hands on a bar, or put them with your arms outstretched to the sides.
- Elevate the legs without lifting the lower back, focusing the force on the lower abdominal area.
- Move up and down with slow movements, until completing 15 repetitions.
- Make 3 sets.
5. Knees to the chest
For this exercise to help tone the abdomen, it is essential to keep the abdominal muscles contracted while raising the knees.
With its practice it benefits the lumbar area and, if you avoid dropping your legs to the ground, you also strengthen the glutes.
How to do it?
- Lie on the floor, with your legs extended and your arms at the sides of your body.
- Bend your knees, then push them toward your chest.
- Be sure to keep your calves parallel to the floor and take a deep breath while doing the activity.
- It centers the force in the abdomen and extends again the legs, without letting them touch the ground.
- Perform 12 or 15 repetitions, until completing 4 sets.
Are you struggling to improve the appearance of your abdomen? Include these exercises in your daily routine and discover how good they are to strengthen your muscles.
Keep in mind that your results are not immediate and should be complemented by a healthy diet, controlled in fat and calories.