Slow hair growth can be a bit exasperating for those who want to show off a long, healthy mane.
This process varies in each person, depending on factors such as genetics, hormonal activity and the practice of some habits within the hair beauty routine.
However, in response to the need to promote it, many external products have been developed whose application accelerates the growth of the strands.
The problem is that most tend to be too expensive and not all have the facilities to acquire them.
In addition, sometimes, their effects are not as expected and, because of their chemical content, can cause some unwanted reactions.
The truth is that it is not always necessary to use them, since there are low-cost homemade tricks that help achieve similar effects.
In this opportunity we want to share in detail the 7 best so you can encourage us to try them as soon as possible.
1. Increase protein consumption
Proteins are one of the nutrients that the hair requires to grow in a healthy and constant way.
When not consumed in adequate amounts, the strands tend to weaken and problems such as dryness and excessive falling occur.
In fact, it is very difficult for external products to give good results when these foods are not added to the diet.
Therefore, before trying any treatment, try to increase the intake of:
- Lean meats
- Cold water fish
- Seeds and nuts
- Green vegetables
- Natural yogurt
2. Drink enough water
Dehydration is one of the factors that can cause difficulties in healthy hair growth.
Water is a liquid that participates in the functions of the whole organism and, although it does not seem, the capillary health is not the exception.
Liquids are essential to transport nutrients to the scalp and, of course, to achieve an optimal oxygenation process.
- Make sure you consume between 6 and 8 glasses of water a day.
- Remember that many fruits and vegetables also contain water.
3. Brush the hair several times a day
A habit as simple and relaxing as combing hair can help stimulate circulation so that it grows without difficulty.
- It is essential to use a brush with natural bristles, since it prevents the hair from breaking when combing it.
- Of course, it must be used very carefully, since the force with which the brushing is executed also determines its benefits.
4. Uses olive oil
One of the interesting uses of extra virgin olive oil has to do with its ability to improve capillary health.
Rich in omega 3 fatty acids, amino acids and vitamins, it is a product that stimulates the hair from the roots, improving its growth and avoiding dryness.
- Heat a couple of tablespoons of the product and, once it reaches a suitable temperature for use, rub it all over the scalp.
- Perform massages for 5 or 10 minutes and finally rinse.
5. Add onion in your shampoo
The onion contains sulfurous compounds that, when assimilated in the hair, slow down the fall and stimulate the exit of new strands.
This vegetable strengthens the hair follicles and, due to its antifungal action, avoids problems such as dandruff.
Just chop a small amount well and then add it to the regular shampoo.
Let it marinate for 7 days and, after this time, use it a minimum of 3 times a week.
6. Use apple cider vinegar
In recent years apple cider vinegar has gained a very important place as an alternative to hair conditioners.
This is due to its high content of essential acids and minerals that, when absorbed into the scalp, promote hair growth and shine.
- For this purpose, it is combined in equal parts with warm water and then sprayed all over the hair with the help of an atomizer.
- The smell disappears when the hair dries, but it can also be removed with regular use products.
7. Take advantage of egg whites
Another alternative home treatment to strengthen the hair are egg whites.
These are full of proteins and antioxidant compounds that, together, stop the fall and the difficulties of growth.
- Beat them in a bowl and apply them from the roots to the tips.
- Let them act for 30 minutes and rinse with cold water so that they do not cook and it is difficult to remove them.
- Use them, at least, 3 times a week.
Still not getting your hair to look plentiful and long? Incorporate these tricks as part of your hair care and discover that you can give the look you want without having to spend too much.