The hardness in the feet, also known in the popular language as callus, is a very common problem that is produced by the pressure with the footwear or the continuous friction of the skin.
It is considered an aesthetic problem since, in general, it does not directly affect the health but it does generate quite notorious imperfections.
They usually occur in the planar area and the lower part of the big toe and sometimes accompanied by painful cracking that increases the risk of infection.
Fortunately, there are several remedies of natural origin that, thanks to their properties, help soften the skin to significantly reduce this problem.
In the next space, we want to share a very effective treatment, made with only 2 ingredients that you usually have at home.
Natural treatment to remove the hardness of the feet
This natural treatment to remove the hardness of the feet is made from the combination of onions with white vinegar.
Both ingredients are characterized by their antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial properties, necessary to soften and restore skin health.
Its active compounds, such as allicin, nourish the affected dermis and facilitate the removal of accumulated dead cells.
By the way, they provide a protective effect against fungi and bacteria, so they prevent them from generating infections and problems of greater care.
Benefits of Onion
The onion is a vegetable rich in antioxidant compounds, water, and anti-inflammatories that, after being used topically, help us to soften the skin of the feet.
While its odor is not so pleasant, its antibacterial and antifungal agents are sufficient reasons to not hesitate to use it for this purpose.
• These properties protect the affected skin and, while reducing hardness, inhibit the growth of microorganisms that cause infections.
• In addition, thanks to its content of vitamin C, potassium and magnesium, it confers other interesting effects on the health of the skin.
Benefits of White Vinegar
White vinegar is a very popular ingredient all over the world since its antibacterial properties have been useful to facilitate various cleaning tasks at home.
Its content of organic acids eliminates the germs and leaves the surfaces disinfected and safe.
However, in addition to this, we find that it is also a good solution to alleviate various skin problems.
Its moisturizing action helps remove corns and, by the way, regulates the pH to prevent skin cracking or fungal infections.
How to prepare this home remedy against the harshness of the feet?
This simple natural remedy is a perfect solution to eliminate both the hardness and the blisters that form in the feet.
Its properties protect the skin against infectious agents and facilitate the removal of dead cells.
• 1 onion
• ½ cup white vinegar
• Hermetic glass bottle
• Transparent film paper
• Wash the onion well and cut into several pieces to easily insert it into the glass jar.
• Then add the white vinegar and seal the preparation.
• Put it in a cool, dark place and let it concentrate all night.
• Then, the next day, it starts its application.
How to use
• Dip a piece of cotton in the remedy and rub it on the hard areas of the feet.
• Fix the product with the help of film paper and let it act between 4 and 6 hours.
• We recommend using it at night so your compounds work while you rest.
• Repeat the treatment until the hardness disappears.
• It complements your application with the daily use of moisturizing cream and exfoliating products.
• You can also rub your feet with a pumice stone to speed up the removal of dry and dead skin.
Ready to try this treatment? If you notice that your feet have unsightly hardness, prepare this simple remedy and apply it according to the recommendations given.
Although its effects are not immediate, with the passage of the days you will notice that the skin softens and softens.
Of course, be aware that its use is not recommended in case of cracking of the skin, as it can be irritating.
In the latter case, it is best to consult the doctor for a more appropriate treatment.