Having yellow teeth can be due to many reasons.
Tartar, for example, is the accumulation of food and waste in the “boundary” between the gums and the back of the teeth that are rough.
In this article we tell you how to eliminate it naturally.
What to know about tartar
Those spots or scabs that accumulate behind the teeth are formed by food and mineral salts from the saliva.
The rough surface of the pieces becomes the perfect habitat for these particles and debris. In this way a cycle of tartar formation and accumulation is repeated.
It is easy to notice its presence, as it is yellow and has a rough appearance to the touch. It is good to know that, beyond an aesthetic problem, tartar interacts with certain foods, gives off an acid and produces cavities.
The consumption of coffee, soft drinks or tea as well as smoking or drinking alcohol cause stains on the teeth and promote the appearance of tartar.
The same happens when we do not brush properly.
A third reason is a genetic predisposition.
Home remedies for tooth tartar
The most effective technique to eliminate chronic calculus is to make a visit to the dentist to perform a deep cleaning.
If there is not too much accumulation or we should wait until the consultation with the professional, we can take advantage of the benefits of certain home remedies:
Many people use it as a natural toothpaste and it is an old-fashioned homemade recipe to keep teeth clean and white.
If you have never tried it, we advise you to mix it with water, as it can be quite salty or of an unpleasant taste.
- 1 tablespoon of baking soda (10 g)
- 1 teaspoon of salt (5 g)
- Place baking soda and salt in a bowl.
- Wet the toothbrush with warm water.
- Soak the bristles in the bicarbonate and salt mixture.
- Brush as you do every day, but paying more attention to areas with tartar.
- Repeat at least 2 times a day (morning and night).
It is another of the dental whiteners par excellence. Be careful and use it only at night, because contact with the sun can cause more spots.
The acid of the lemon in turn could damage or weaken the teeth; therefore, you should use this recipe at most once a week.
- The juice of ½ lemon
- ½ cup of warm water (125 ml)
- Heat the water and squeeze the lemon.
- Place the water and juice in a glass or cup and stir.
- Swish all over your mouth before going to bed.
- Rinse with a little warm water so you do not have the acid taste.
In third place we have this element that can not be missing in any house and that serves to clear the teeth and eliminate tartar.
You can use this home remedy up to three times a week, always as a rinse, after normal brushing.
- ¼ cup of warm water (62 ml)
- 2 tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide (20 ml)
- Place warm water in a glass and add the oxygenated water.
- Stir well and rinse mouth by swishing for 1 minute.
- Spit and clean with fresh water.
They are ideal for removing accumulated dirt from the teeth. And it’s a very simple technique!
- You only need a handful of sesame seeds, which you will chew for two minutes.
- Do not swallow them after that time.
- Then use the dry brush and rub on all the teeth.
- To finish rinse with a good amount of water.
This aromatic herb used in hundreds of dishes has the ability to release the tartar that has accumulated behind the teeth.
- 1 handful of parsley leaves (20 g)
- 1 tablespoon of water (10 ml)
- Wash and chop the parsley leaves well.
- Mix it with water until it forms a paste.
- Place it on your teeth and let it act for a few minutes.
- Rinse with plenty of warm water.
Fruits to remove tartar from teeth
Some of them have the ability to whiten our teeth and remove the tartar attached long ago.
For this method to result, you must consume them raw and bite them (do not cut them with a knife).
The apple, melon and strawberry are three perfect alternatives to have healthy gums, prevent the accumulation of food and prevent bleeding that appears with brushing.
The first you must eat it with peel. They are an excellent cleaner (especially after meals).
You can also make a “brushing of strawberries” very simple.
- 2 strawberries
- Cut the strawberries into slices.
- Rub on the teeth for 7 minutes, without forgetting the back.
- Rinse with plenty of warm water.
- Repeat this procedure every day before sleep.
On the other hand, tomatoes act in a similar way to strawberries. Cut one into slices and rub on the teeth. Let 5 minutes pass before consuming any food.
Another interesting recipe is to rub the inside of the shell of certain fruits: orange and banana to be more precise.
Do not throw them away and use them to remove tartar from your teeth!