Many women want to remove hair from their face without using invasive or expensive methods such as permanent hair removal, laser or electrolysis.
The good news is that there are home remedies to get rid of those unwanted hairs that grow on your face. In this article we tell you about the most effective.
When the hair on the face grows too much
While it is normal to have some hair or “fluff” on the face, sometimes we realize that it has grown more than usual. This can be due to several factors:
- Hormonal imbalances
- Consumption of medications (anabolics, steroids)
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS)
In many cases, the cause of the increase in facial hair cannot be determined.
How to remove hair naturally
If for some reason you have begun to notice that there is more hair on your face than usual, do not worry or despair. There are several homemade recipes that can help you.
It’s just a matter of having some patience and repeating the procedures as indicated.
This tropical fruit has many active enzymes (for example, papain) with the ability to break down the hair follicle and prevent hair growth.
The papaya helps the hair is thinner and imperceptible and, in addition, exfoliates the skin. It is perfect for women with sensitive dermis.
You can combine the fruit with other ingredients to increase its effectiveness.
- 2 tablespoons of papaya pulp (20 g)
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder (2 g)
- Cut the papaya into slices and try it to obtain a paste or cream.
- Place 2 tablespoons in a bowl and add the turmeric.
- Stir well and apply on the face with circular movements.
- Leave on for 15 minutes and rinse with warm water.
- Repeat twice a week.
It is necessary that this treatment is done at night. The bicarbonate will help you eliminate facial hair in a matter of days.
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
- 1 tablespoon of baking soda (10 g)
- Heat the water and, when it reaches a boil, pour it into a cup.
- Add the baking soda, stir well and let warm (at least 15 minutes).
- Embed a cotton ball with the liquid.
- Place on the areas of the face where you want to remove the hair.
- Hold with a bandage tape and let it work all night.
- In the morning, remove and apply a moisturizing cream.
This cereal is obtained in dietetics or health food stores in the form of flour or powder.
You can use it to remove the hair that grows on your face if you repeat the procedure at least three times a week.
We recommend applying it during the night to avoid spots on the skin. If you do not get the barley you can do it with oatmeal.
- ½ glass of lemon juice (100 ml)
- ½ glass of milk (100 ml)
- 1 tablespoon of barley powder or flour (10 g)
- Squeeze the lemon juice and place in a cup.
- Add warm milk and barley flour.
- Stir well to obtain a semi-heavy liquid.
- Apply it on the face, or the area that you wish to pluck, and let it act for 20 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water and, if desired, moisturize the area with a moisturizing cream.
Another excellent option to eliminate facial hair is the chickpea flour accompanied with other elements that have the ability not only to leave the skin soft, but also clean and young.
- ½ cup chickpea flour (100 g)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder (5 g)
- ½ cup of milk (125 ml)
- 1 tablespoon of plain yogurt (only for dry skin) (20 g)
- Place the chickpea flour in a bowl.
- Add turmeric and milk.
- Mix well and pour the yogurt (if applicable).
- When you get a kind of paste, apply on the areas of the face whose hair you want to remove.
- Leave on, at least, 30 minutes.
- After that time rub with gentle circular movements (in the opposite direction of hair growth).
- Wash with warm water and, if you want, place a moisturizer.
It has been used for a long time for its medicinal and aesthetic properties.
Nettle oil also serves to keep the skin young and healthy. Therefore, you can not dismiss it!
- 4 nettle seeds
- ½ glass of olive or sunflower oil (100 ml)
- Place the nettle seeds in a clean, dry glass jar.
- Add the chosen oil and cover tightly.
- Let marinate for 15 days in a dark and warm place.
- Strain and apply every night with cotton or gauze.
- Allow it to sit for 30 minutes and remove with warm water and neutral soap.
Sugar has many applications for the beauty of the skin. It is an excellent exfoliant but is not recommended in women with sensitive dermis because it can irritate a lot.
If that is not your problem and you want to eliminate facial hair, pay attention to this recipe (always apply at night).
- 2 cups of sugar (400 g)
- ¼ cup of lemon juice (62 ml)
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
- Put the water to heat and add the sugar.
- Squeeze the lemon juice and add it to the previous mixture.
- Stir well until the water evaporates and there is a kind of soft paste.
- Remove from the fire and let cool.
- Apply on the face, emphasizing areas with hair (but place on the entire face to exfoliate).
- Put a strip of cotton cloth over the hairs and press well.
- Pull the fabric away from the hair growth.