The skin changes as the years pass, and when it reaches certain stages of life, it is normal for the popular lines of expression or wrinkles that reflect the age to appear.
Today the cosmetic industry and medicine has made important advances in techniques and products to prevent and reduce the signs of aging, as most people seek to keep young longer.
The big problem is happening now is that the modern lifestyle, subjected to environmental pollution, UV rays, physical inactivity and other factors, is accelerating this process of the skin and the body, causing the person to suffer all signs An early age.
In order to reduce the impact of free radicals and other agents that act negatively on the skin, beauty experts are recommending give some care every day to provide you with the nutrients it needs to regenerate and keep young.
Such care is complemented by the use of anti-wrinkle or anti-aging products, in which those active ingredients that have the ability to repair the skin are concentrated; However, commercial products are often very expensive and for many they are out of reach.
The good news is that there are natural ingredients available for all, which can be used to prepare home anti-aging treatments. It is the case of a fruit as common as apple, rich in antioxidants and other compounds that can benefit the skin.
Benefits of Apple for Skin
There are different varieties of apple around the world and most agree on their amount of nutrients.
This fruit that is highly recommended for the diet is an ally of the skin thanks to its high content of vitamin C and beta-carotene, antioxidant compounds that help inhibit the action of free radicals, molecules that disrupt cellular functioning.
Internally, the apple provides fiber, a compound necessary to have a good digestion and facilitate bowel movement; In addition, pectin, a carbohydrate, improves the functioning of the intestines to stimulate the elimination of toxins, responsible for different skin problems.
Its main benefits for the skin are attributed to its contribution of malic acid and tartaric acid, two active ingredients that favor the elimination of dead skin mainly accumulated in the face.
Malic acid is present in considerable amounts in apples that are acidic, although it is also in smaller quantity in wines, ciders and other fruits.
On the other hand, we can find tartaric acid in apples and in certain wines.
Anti-aging apple mask
For its compounds and active substances, the apple has become an ideal fruit for the manufacture of masks to repair and nourish the mistreated faces.
The development of this anti-aging treatment is very simple and it seeks to take full advantage of the antioxidant properties, moisturizing, diuretic and vitamin E of this fruit, perfect to reduce the signs of aging.
- 1 green apple chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey (25 g)
- 2 tablespoons milk (30 ml)
How to prepare it?
Put the apple and milk in the blender and process until a homogeneous mixture is obtained.
When it has become a smooth paste, add the honey and stir well to be well integrated.
Mode of application
- Before putting the mask on the face, neck and décolleté, it is very important to use a makeup remover or cleanser to leave the skin free of any cosmetic or dirt that has been absorbed during the day.
- When the skin is already clean and fresh, take a good amount of the apple paste and apply it in a uniform layer from the neckline to the top of the face.
- Be careful when reaching the eye contour, since you should not make contact with them because it can cause irritation. To avoid it, place slices of cucumber or potato on your eyelids.
- Let the mask work for 20 minutes and then rinse with warm or cold water.
- It is important to remember that it is best to do it at night, before going to sleep, so that its nutritional contribution continues to take effect during the rest hours.