The water needs of each person vary depending on each body, although at a general level it is accepted the fact that an adult person needs around 2 liters of water per day to stay balanced, due to the liquid that is eliminated thanks to the metabolism. 60% of our body is water and for this to work properly it is necessary to keep this proportion balanced.
It is true that water can help us lose weight and is necessary to keep us hydrated and vital. However, there are those who make the mistake of consuming more water than their bodies need to perform their functions, without knowing that they may actually be putting their health at risk instead of doing good to the body. For this reason today we want to tell you an interesting information so that you learn to consume the right amount of water according to your weight.
Drink water according to your weight
Although very few people take it into account, the body weight of each one has a lot to do with the amount of daily water that they must take. For example, a thin person does not need as much water as one with a higher body weight. However, since we all have a different body weight, there is a formula that can be quite useful.
To achieve the exact figure to consume healthy water according to your body weight, you need to take the value of your body weight in pounds and divide it by two. The result of this mathematical operation is equal to the amount of ounces of water that your body needs daily.
a person weighs 116 pounds (52 kg) and divides his weight into 2 parts; as a result, it gives 58 ounces (26 kg), which in other measures is about 5 glasses per day.
The formula to not forget:
(Body weight in pounds) / (2) = Amount of water per day in ounces.
- In case of practicing some type of sport or doing intense exercise, it is recommended to consume an additional liter of water for each hour of exercise.
- If you do not include many fruits and vegetables in the diet, it is convenient that you consume at least 2 liters of water per day.
- Hydration is essential if we suffer from any disease or have low defenses. In this case it is also convenient to drink more water than usual.
Recommendations to drink the amount of water needed per day
After knowing the simple formula to determine how much water we need per day, the idea is that you begin to consume this amount of water to stay hydrated and lose weight. As we know that many people forget to drink enough water or simply find it difficult, here are some tips to help you meet your daily goal.
- A good idea is to consume a glass of water before each meal, because this way it will be more difficult to forget this good habit and also contribute to a better metabolism of the meals.
- Another option that you can adopt in your routine is to drink a glass of water on an empty stomach and another before going to bed. However, it is convenient to supplement it with more water during the day to achieve the recommended amount of water.
- If your problem is the fact that water does not taste like anything, a good idea to take advantage of its benefits is to prepare flavored water, but without adding sugar. You can make them with fruits, herbs, or tea, among others.
- If you forget easily that you must drink a certain amount of water during the day, make a kind of schedule with squares per day and mark the squares each time you drink a glass of water.
How to know if we drank enough water?
The best way to know if we are dehydrated or properly hydrated is through urine. For this it is important to take into account the frequency with which we go to the bathroom and the color it has. For example, if the urine has a very light yellow, it indicates that we are properly hydrated. On the other hand, a dark yellow color in the urine and a strong smell, can indicate that we need to drink more water.
If you notice dryness of the skin and lips, feel fatigue and can not concentrate during day-to-day activities, it is also advisable to increase water consumption, since these are clear symptoms of dehydration.