Digestion refers to a complex group of processes that are responsible for absorbing nutrients from food to subsequently remove waste that the body does not need.
Its good functioning is key to health in general, since, in turn, it influences the activity of metabolism, hormonal health and emotions.
The problem is that, even if you have a good diet, sometimes it presents difficulties in its functioning and triggers inflammatory reactions, pain, gas and a wide variety of symptoms that can interfere with daily activities.
Fortunately, when it is not a serious condition, we can control these discomforts by taking advantage of the digestive properties of some foods.
In this opportunity we propose a milkshake of papaya and almond milk that, due to its nutrient supply, calms and prevents acidity, constipation and other common gastric affections.
Do not stop trying!
Papaya smoothie and almond milk to improve digestion
The papaya and almond milk shake is one of the healthy drinks that we can take into account when we are dealing with ailments related to the digestive system.
Its combination of ingredients calms the burning caused by the excess of acid juices and, by the way, diminishes inflammation and heartburn.
- It contains significant amounts of papain, an enzyme that, by regulating digestion, prevents problems such as constipation.
- It provides dietary fiber and anti-inflammatory compounds that help restore intestinal movement to eliminate gases and waste.
- It makes a slight contribution of omega 3 fatty acids and essential amino acids, which regulate the absorption of cholesterol in the intestine.
- Its anti-inflammatory properties soothe stomach pain and markedly reduce abdominal swelling.
- Promotes the health of the joints, not only because it helps eliminate toxins, but because it combats inflammation and fluid retention.
- It does not contain lactose, so it is suitable for those who have intolerance.
How to prepare this papaya milkshake and almond milk
The preparation of this papaya milkshake and almond milk will only take a few minutes. You can do it when you have digestive discomfort, or you can eat it regularly to support your digestion.
Almond milk makes a significant contribution of calories; however, it does not make us gain weight and, on the contrary, it helps maintain a good level of energy.
We advise you to prepare your own almond milk to ensure it is 100% organic. In the market you can buy it in different presentations, but many contain sugar and unhealthy chemical additives.
- 3 slices of ripe papaya
- 1 glass of almond milk (200 ml)
- 1 tablespoon of honey (25 g) (optional)
- Chop the slices of ripe papaya and then add the pieces in the blender jar.
- Incorporate the almond milk over the papaya and ignite at maximum speed.
- Process the ingredients until you get a creamy smoothie, without lumps.
- Finally, if you want to enjoy a sweeter taste, add a spoonful of honey.
Eat the shake on an empty stomach and wait at least 30 minutes for breakfast.
Take it up to 2 times a day, without exceeding portions to avoid excess calories.
Enjoy it 2 or 3 times a week, or when you feel digestive difficulties.
To take into account …
Consuming this shake is a good complement to improve digestion; However, it is essential to improve eating habits in general, especially if the diet contains a lot of fat and refined products.
- Make sure you eat between 5 and 6 servings of fruits and vegetables a day.
- Replace refined cereals with whole grains.
- Do not forget to consume sources of fatty acids, amino acids and dietary fiber.
- Increase daily water consumption (6 to 8 glasses).
- In addition to this, he performs regular physical exercise and avoids stress situations.
- Are your digestive complaints persistent? If you feel continually inflamed, with gas and abdominal pain, consult your doctor.
It is true that with this shake and some remedies you can control it; however, we can not ignore that these symptoms can alert more careful diseases.
So, if you suspect a bigger problem, ask for the relevant medical exams.