Fungi are microorganisms that are present everywhere, both indoors and outdoors. In fact, there are more than 50,000 different species of fungi in the environment. Know some home remedies for fungal infections that you can apply at home and reverse the symptoms easily.
Home Remedies for Fungal Infections
There are many fungi that can live on your skin for years without causing any problems. However, sometimes certain factors can cause the fungi to tend to grow too much or change, and this can lead to a fungal infection. Mycotic infections are usually classified by the type of fungi that cause the problem, the affected part of the body and the severity of the infection. These infections can occur on the surface of the skin, within a fold of the skin or in any other area that is warm and humid, causing intense itching and sores in some cases.
Garlic is a useful antifungal agent and therefore very effective for any kind of fungal infection. It also has antibacterial and antibiotic properties that play a key role in the recovery process.
Crush two cloves of garlic and add a few drops of olive oil to make a paste. Apply the paste to the affected areas and let it act for 30 minutes. Then wash the area with warm water and dry the skin thoroughly.
Apple cider vinegar is a common treatment for any type of fungal infection. Due to the presence of antimicrobial properties, apple cider vinegar helps to kill the fungus that causes the infection.
Coconut oil works as an effective remedy for any type of fungal infection because it has the presence of medium chain fatty acids. These fatty acids function as natural fungicides to eliminate the fungi responsible for the infection.
- You should gently rub the extra virgin coconut oil into the affected area and allow it to dry on its own. Repeat these steps two or three times a day until the infection heals.
- Another option is to mix equal amounts of coconut oil and cinnamon oil and apply it to the affected area. You can use this remedy twice a day to control the growth of the infection.
- For a vaginal infection, soak a tampon in organic coconut oil and introduce it. Leave it for two hours. After removing the tampon, rinse the area thoroughly with lukewarm water. Repeat the process once a day until the infection is gone.
Oregano oil contains antifungal properties that fight the fungi responsible for fungal infections. In addition, its antimicrobial property may be effective in preventing fungal infections.
- Mix equal amounts of oregano oil and extra virgin olive oil. Apply this mixture to the affected area and leave it for a few hours.
- Alternatively, you can add three drops of oregano oil to a glass of water and drink it twice a day.
- You can also take one or two capsules of oregano oil twice a day after eating your meals.
Turmeric is a well-known natural antiseptic, antibiotic and antifungal agent. It has healing properties that facilitate rapid recovery and prevent the infection from recurring.
- Apply the turmeric root juice to the area of the affected skin. Leave on for two to three hours and then rinse with warm water. You can use this remedy twice a day until the infection decreases.
- Another alternative is to boil a cup of milk along with a teaspoon of turmeric. Add a little honey and drink while it is still hot. Do this daily to increase your defenses and prevent any type of infection.