Intestinal parasites, also known in popular language as “worms,” are organisms that trigger dangerous diseases when they colonize the intestine.
They can be of the protozoos type (like the Giardia) or worms (like the tapeworms), that manage to enter the body by means of the consumption of foods or contaminated liquids.
Its main risk factor is exposure to environments with poor sanitary conditions. However, it can also be caused by poor handling of food or contact with an element contaminated by someone infected.
The severity with which it occurs may vary depending on the response of each person’s immune system.
Despite this, it is important to pay attention to it from its initial stages, since there is a continuous risk of complications.
Luckily, before having to resort to medical treatments, we can access 100% natural remedies that can help to expel them easily.
Among these we find a remedy of dry cloves and flaxseed, recognized for its ability to clean the intestine without altering the bacterial flora.
Treatment of dry cloves and linseed to fight intestinal parasites
The mixture of dry cloves and flax seeds is a remedy that helps to restore the proper functioning of the intestine, minimizing the negative impact caused by parasitic infections.
Both ingredients attack these microorganisms and alter the environment they need to develop.
Unlike other remedies against parasites, they do not alter the pH of the intestinal flora and, on the contrary, help to strengthen it to improve the response against infections.
Benefits of the cloves against parasites
The clove has antiparasitic, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that can help to destroy several types of microorganisms that manage to proliferate in the digestive system.
- It is effective in the elimination of parasites, since their essential oils manage to stop their growth.
- It prevents these organisms from releasing toxins through the bloodstream, which can cause other health complications.
- Reduces irritation of the lining of the intestine, soothing swelling and recurrent abdominal pain.
Benefits of flaxseed against parasites
Famous for being a significant source of fiber, polyunsaturated fatty acids and phytochemicals, flaxseed is a great remedy for a wide variety of digestive problems.
- It contains a significant amount of soluble fiber, a substance that becomes a kind of gelatin that traps toxins to facilitate their elimination.
- It also provides insoluble fiber, necessary to “sweep” the waste that usually accumulate inside the colon.
- It has a mild laxative effect that combats slow intestinal transit to relieve constipation.
- Strengthens the immune system and increases the presence of antibodies that help fight infections.
- It has antiparasitic and anti-inflammatory effects that restore digestive health in the presence of these organisms.
- It nourishes the intestinal flora and prevents its deterioration.
How to prepare this remedy with dry cloves and flaxseed?
The dried clove and flaxseed remedy can be used as a supplement to treat parasitic infections. However, regular consumption is also advised as a preventive of these problems.
- 1 ½ tablespoons dried cloves (20 g)
- ¾ cup of flaxseed (flax seeds) (about 100 g)
- Grind the nail in a mortar or grind it to powder.
- Grind the flax seeds and mix the powder with the clove.
- Add a couple of tablespoons of the mixture in a cup of warm water and consume on an empty stomach.
- Repeat the remedy for 3 days in a row, rest the same time and take it again.
- Optionally you can add it in the breakfast smoothie or fruit juices.
How to know if I have parasites?
Some parasitic infections pass mildly and do not produce convincing symptoms. However, once they become complicated, they trigger a series of reactions that allow their development to be suspected.
- Episodes of diarrhea, changes in stool color and texture
- Changes in appetite, weight loss for no apparent reason
- Nutritional deficiencies
- Sensation of fatigue, insomnia and irritability
- Inflammation and abdominal pain
- A dry cough
- Itching in the anal or vaginal area
- Nausea and vomiting
- If these manifestations are more severe with the passing of days, it is important to consult the doctor immediately.
To avoid this, it is enough to reinforce the hygiene measures, especially when handling food or objects of shared use.