We assure you that as soon as you try this delicious smoothie you will not be able to pass without it. Combining grapes and oats stands as an exceptional remedy to cleanse the blood and reduce cholesterol, not forgetting also that it favors the gradual loss of weight.
It is simple to prepare, as well as tasty and energetic, and is also a very healthy way to start the morning. So we want to talk about him in our space inviting you, to prepare it at home. You dare?
Grapes and oats to cleanse the blood and lower cholesterol
Many people take this rich milkshake in their breakfast. Especially those who suffer from heart problems or who have high cholesterol. Note also that, generally, this liquefied is very digestive, is rich in soluble fiber and greatly improves our intestinal transit.
Always remember that to obtain good results it will be convenient to buy organic oats as well as grapes that have not been treated with pesticides.
All this will help us to further enhance their natural virtues. However, let us now see how grapes and oats can help us to take care of our heart.
Benefits of grapes for heart health
In our homemade shake we will use red or purple grapes. The reason? They contain more antioxidants and, therefore, their properties to take care of the heart will be more intense.
Usually, every grape variety is positive for our health. They are good laxative, depurative, diuretic and antitumoral fruits. Also, we can not forget that its energy input is low: 62 calories per 100 grams.
- Grapes take care of our arteries by increasing nitric oxide in the blood and creating a vasodilatory effect. This “virtue” is more intense in purple grapes, hence it is important to consume both your skin and its seeds.
- The grapes also contain multiple bioactive substances such as polyphenols or resveratrol that act as great protectors of the health of cells against the attack of free radicals.
- The scientific journal “Journal of Cardiovascular Pharmacology” published an interesting paper that demonstrates the importance of resveratrol in protecting the health of our arteries.
- Grapes, especially inks or dwellings, contain a high level of folic acid, as well as iron, phosphorus, calcium, magnesium, manganese, and copper. Its sodium content is low.
Oatmeal, a cereal for your heart
Many doctors and nutritionists recommend regular consumption of organic oats. You can buy it in many shops, as well as in specialized centers of dietetics.
The benefits to our heart are so interesting that we should not give it up.
Oatmeal helps us reduce levels of bad cholesterol or LDL.
- This cereal is in the same family as rice, corn and wheat. Therefore, we can consider a superfood due to its nutritional properties.
- Contains unsaturated fats and linoleic acid. These types of fats are very healthy and favor our heart health.
- Another interesting fact of the oats is that it gives us a type of carbohydrates that give us energy for a long time. Reduces appetite and is an excellent resource to include in our breakfast.
- You will also like to know that oats are the most concentrated vitamins and minerals you have.
- These range from the important B vitamins, through essential minerals such as calcium, iron, zinc, phosphorus and magnesium.
- Fiber is very necessary to take care of our heart. Not only does it help us to promote intestinal transit, but it is also an essential element to lower cholesterol.
- Have you ever heard of beta-glucans? They are a type of bioactive substances capable of absorbing the bad cholesterol, as well as the own bile acids of the intestine. In this way it is prevented from entering our bloodstream.
How to prepare your grapes and oatmeal
- 3 tablespoons oat flakes (30 g)
- 10 red or purple grapes
- ½ cup papaya (70 g)
- 1 tablespoon honey (25 g)
- 1 glass of water (200 ml)
- You will see that it is very simple and you will have it ready sooner than you think. Acquire, as we have indicated at the beginning, organic oats or, if you prefer, integral. The one that is ready in finite flakes gives us good results.
- The first thing we will do is clean the grapes well. Do not remove the skin. Peel the papaya and get those 70 grams, since this fruit will give a consistency and a unique flavor to our milkshake.
- When you have all the ingredients ready go to the mixer. Add water, 10 grapes, papaya and three tablespoons of oats, as well as honey. Beat all the ingredients well to obtain a smooth blend.
- Do not worry if at the time of drinking you find the stumbling blocks of grape skin or its seeds: consume them because they are very suitable for our heart.