Cinnamon is a spice with many properties for health. Among them is that of controlling diabetes in a progressive and natural way.
However, for the treatment to be effective we must follow the guidelines indicated in this article. Also, consult your specialist if you have any questions.
Discover this cinnamon-based home remedy to control diabetes in a few weeks.
Can you control your diabetes?
According to doctors, this pathology that affects blood glucose levels has no cure.
However, they also state that improvement and control of diabetes can be observed if we take into account three factors:
• A strict diet
• Exercise in the usual way
• Suitable medications or supplements
There have been great improvements in patients with type 2 diabetes.
Cinnamon is a spice with a sweet and aromatic flavor, excellent to accompany any type of stew. However, their most common use is in sweet recipes such as cakes, pies and cookies.
Cinnamon has many health properties:
• It improves the circulation and prevents the formation of clots.
• Relieves pain during menstruation.
• Increases libido.
• It activates the metabolism and favors the loss of weight.
• Prevents the onset of varicose veins.
• It has anti-inflammatory properties.
• It is antibacterial and antifungal.
• Stimulates the digestive system.
• Regulates the body’s lipid levels.
What kind of cinnamon?
There are different types of shins. However, the sweetest and most medicinal is the Ceylon (Cinnamomum Zeylanicum) variety, which is the one we will use for this remedy.
It is native to South India and Sri Lanka
The cinnamon that we can find more easily and at a cheaper price is the china or cassia, but that is of inferior quality.
Sweeten with Stevia
To sweeten this remedy we will use stevia, a plant native to Paraguay that, besides providing a great natural sweetness, superior to that of sugar, will also help us regulate blood glucose levels.
In addition, it has other benefits for our health:
• Improves digestion.
• It is very suitable in diets for weight loss purposes as it has 0 calories.
• It has a mild hypotensive effect.
• Reduces anxiety levels.
• It fights the appearance of fungi.
• It promotes the removal of fluids from the body.
• Raise the defenses.
• Helps combat cavities.
• Avoid constipation.
• Promotes healing of wounds.
What kind of stevia?
We can find pure or refined stevia, in different formats (powder, liquid, tablets, etc.).
To benefit from its medicinal properties we must consume pure stevia, leaf or extract. It is dark in color and has a licorice-like flavor.
To cook or sweeten desserts we will use refined stevia, which has a much more discrete flavor and, although not medicinal, also has no harmful effects like sugar or other artificial sweeteners.
Home Remedy and Natural
Each day we will need the following ingredients to prepare this remedy:
• One teaspoon of cinnamon from Ceylon powder (g)
• Two tablespoons of dried stevia leaf (20 g)
• 1 liter of water (4 cups)
• In the morning, we will boil the water and, when it gets to boiling, we will add the cinnamon powder and the stevia leaves.
• Turn off the heat, cover the pan and let stand for 10 minutes.
• If instead of cinnamon powder we opted for cinnamon sticks, let it infuse for 15 minutes.
How, do we take it?
To take full advantage of this remedy we will distribute it for several shots throughout the day:
• 1 fasting vessel (200 ml)
• 2 glasses throughout the morning, separated from meals (400 ml)
• 2 glasses in the afternoon, before dinner (400 ml)
If we want to obtain the maximum benefits of this alternative treatment, we should consider a number of factors:
• We will avoid consumption of sugar and sugary foods.
• We will control the intake of foods rich in carbohydrates (bread, pizza, pastries, chips, etc.).
• We will make several meals throughout the day, in moderate amounts.
• We can take a beer yeast or nutritional supplement.
We also recommend that you include the following ingredients in your diet, which are very beneficial to help with diabetes:
• The pea, which acts as a vegetable insulin.
• Watercress is a vegetable rich in chromium, which also helps us regulate glucose levels.
• Oatmeal, which avoids sugar spikes.
If we have diabetes, we must always take control of a medical specialist and not carry out any treatment on our own.