Discover the best herbal infusions to treat mild everyday disorders such as headache, digestive discomfort, flu symptoms, menstrual cramps, insomnia, lack of energy or anxiety.
Remedios simple, natural and very effective to enhance the natural healing properties of our body without the need to take medication.
The best infusions for each disorder
A headache is a very uncomfortable disorder that we should not endure because it could be harmful to health.
If we want to dispense with analgesics we can first resort to a medical infusion with one or more of these plants:
- Turmeric: Turmeric has very powerful anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties.
- Violet: This plant contains salicylic acid, the analgesic component of medications such as aspirin.
- Dandelion: Cleanses blood from the toxins that cause the headache.
- Mint: Relieves congestion and heat in the head.
2. Bad digestion
The best digestive infusions are made with the following medicinal plants:
- Mint: Mint is one of the best plants to promote digestion and combat the gases.
- Ginger: Power the gastric juices and prevents acidity.
- Melisa: Calms the nerves that affect the stomach.
- Cumin: Be the seed or powder, it is ideal to eliminate the gases.
To prevent dizziness, whether caused by travel, stress or during pregnancy, we can take ginger.
It is one of the best infusions to alleviate this discomfort and also has digestive and stimulant properties.
We can prepare a hot or cold infusion, sweeten it with honey and take it with small sips.
4. Cold and Flu Symptoms
Before the first symptoms of the cold and flu, such as fever, cough or mucus, we will prepare a good amount of infusion with the following medicinal plants:
- Thyme and eucalyptus: Antiseptics.
- Mint: It lowers the fever.
- Ginger: Promotes sweating and also lowers fever.
- Plantain: Smooths the mouth.
- Cayenne: A pinch of this pepper helps us open the bronchi.
We will sweeten it with honey, which is a natural antibiotic.
If we suffer constipation in a punctual way we can take infusion of sen, which has a high laxative power.
However, if it is chronic constipation, we should avoid these laxatives since, although they are natural, they have irritating effects.
To resolve constipation in a definitive way we must find out what the cause is.
To improve the function of the intestine we can make infusions based on dandelion and flax seeds, sweetened with acacia honey.
To stop point diarrhea we must resort to plants with astringent properties, such as green tea or tormentilla, and sweeten it with holm oak.
It is essential to drink plenty of fluids in these cases to avoid dehydration.
7. Sore throat
For sore throat we need an infusion that combines the healing effects of several ingredients:
- Ginger: Gives heat to the throat.
- Plantain: Smooths the mouth.
- Turmeric: Anti-inflammatory and analgesic.
- Lemon: Antiseptic.
- Honey: Antibiotics.
8. Lack of energy
St John’s wort and mint sweetened with honey are an excellent combination to combat lack of energy.
9. Anxiety, nervousness or stress
To calm the nerves we can prepare an infusion based on melissa, lavender, basil and orange peeling, sweetened with honey of lavender.
To improve sleep we will help the relaxing plants like passionflower, valerian or tila.
11. Menstrual cramps
For menstrual cramps, in addition to using a specialist physician if they are recurrent, we can take an infusion based on sage, fennel, sage and chamomile.
12. Decreased libido
To increase libido naturally we will take a stimulant and aphrodisiac infusion based on ginger, pepper, cinnamon, star anise and cardamom sweetened with honey. It is delicious!
13. Heaviness in the legs
To relieve the heaviness of the legs we will prepare a circulatory infusion with rosemary, dandelion. If you have swollen, we will also add ponytail.
How do we take them?
If we want to treat a disorder we must take two or three infusions a day so that the treatment is fast and effective. We can take a fasting, another mid-morning and the last mid-afternoon.
The exception will be in cases where we must take it for something specific such as:
- After eating to improve a heavy digestion.
- Before bed to fight insomnia.
These infusions are designed for the treatment of minor disorders. For chronic cases or that remain more than one week we must go to the doctor.