Do you eat avocado every day but always strip the seed? In our article today we are going to expose you have seven super-powerful reasons to stop doing it.
Take note of them and take advantage of their properties.
And it is that there are parts of the fruits and vegetables that we discard and that can have many benefits, as usually the case of the seeds or the skins.
When you know the versatility of the avocado seed you will never throw them away again.
The Benefits of Avocado Seed
The avocado bone has numerous properties. It is a fruit that stands out for its antibacterial and fungicidal effects, since it has the capacity to neutralize different harmful microorganisms.
The seed of avocado are rich in saponins that are responsible for improving the functioning of metabolism and eliminate “bad” cholesterol (LDL) from the body.
They are also rich in minerals such as calcium and magnesium and vitamin C.
To take advantage of all its benefits we can use them both externally, through cosmetics, and internally, with the nutritional supplements of the avocado bones.
The Seed of the avocado: valid for external and internal uses
The avocado bone has antibacterial properties. For this reason it is perfect in case of skin irritations, hair and oily skin, or dandruff.
In addition, it also has a positive effect on the tone and overall condition of the skin and hair.
The internal use of avocado seed is recommended in several cases:
- Atherosclerosis or pressure problems
- To treat inflammation and indigestion
- It is a product that can be perfect as a food supplement in salads and smoothies, among others.
Recommendations before consuming it
- Remember that before consuming the seed you have to clean the brown skin and dry it.
- Grate the skin, then grind the seed and bake at low temperature for one hour.
- If you bake the whole seed it will take about 2 hours. In any case, you will then have to remove the skin and grind the pulp from the bone.
- It is not recommended to consume it without baking it previously.
To use it as an exfoliant you will have to grind the avocado seed.
- Once you have obtained a powder, mix it with ground coffee and salt.
- Apply to the skin using a gentle massage.
2. Drying product
The avocado bone can be very effective in combating the granites and other imperfections of the dermis.
- To do this you will have to mix the ground bone with warm water until a paste is obtained.
- If you wish, you can also add tea tree oil (which has antifungal properties).
- Apply the mixture on the granite and leave it for 4 or 6 minutes. You will see how quickly it dries.
- To make a mask with the seed of the avocado you will have to mix the ground bone with powdered clay.
- Add water until you get a creamy substance and apply it on the skin, being careful not to touch the area around the eyes.
- Let it act for 15 minutes, rinse and moisturize with a moisturizer.
4. Hair cream
- To make a hair cream with softening effect you will have to mix in a liter of water the seed of the grated avocado and cook it over medium heat for 30 minutes.
- Then strain it and use the liquid to rinse the hair after washing it and you will see how much smoother it is.
5. In salad
The ground bone of the avocado can work perfectly in any salad, but it is better to combine it with vegetables or with the same avocado.
- To make a perfect salad in this way, cut the vegetables and avocado into large pieces, and sprinkle with the ground avocado seed (previously dried as indicated above).
- 1 banana
- 2 cups almond milk (400 ml)
- 1 bunch of spinach
- 1 celery
- ½ tablespoon grated avocado seed (5 g)
Add all the ingredients in the blender jar and process until a homogeneous mixture is obtained.
You should keep in mind that the bone has a slightly bitter taste, so you can sweeten it with honey or stevia.
7. In soup or cream
- 2 cups vegetable broth (500 ml)
- 1 onion
- First, heat the vegetable broth in a pot.
- Chop the onion, sauté with a drop of oil and, when golden, add to the broth.
- Do the same with the avocado: set it and add it to the pot.
- Let it boil and blend.
- After serving the soup, sprinkle with the seed of the ground avocado.