It is a chronic skin disease that occurs when there is an accumulation of dead cells.
Symptoms include thick patches or plaques, redness, and scales.
In this article we tell you what are the best natural creams to treat psoriasis.
What is psoriasis and why is it produced?
It is an inflammatory and chronic disease of the skin that causes lesions in the dermis. It is not contagious, but it can be hereditary and more frequent in men than in women.
Psoriasis appears mainly on the back, abdomen, scalp, knees and elbows.
It can develop at any age, although it is more common in adults between 20 and 55 years. It starts with light pictures and is of autoimmune origin.
The triggers of psoriasis are very varied:
• Diet and consumption of alcohol
• Emotional disturbances
• Climatic factors
• Endocrine problems
Diet is fundamental to improve the picture. Our daily food must be composed of:
• Salmon or mackerel (twice a week)
In the case of not eating fish, you can opt for the oil or flax seeds.
In turn, it is very important to drink (at least) a glass of water every two hours to help the body in eliminating the toxins that cause inflammation.
• Avoid foods like chicken, red meat, and dairy, as they have a protein difficult to digest by the liver.
• Fast food, sugars, and fries are not good either.
Natural creams to treat psoriasis
It is good to know that this condition has no cure but can be treated to reduce symptoms or cure skin flakes faster.
For that we recommend the following homemade creams:
1. Aloe vera
As it could not be otherwise, aloe takes the first place in natural treatments for psoriasis.
Aloe vera gel has many properties, such as being anti-inflammatory and refreshing when the scales cause too much itching.
To avoid scratching and hurting yourself, it is advisable to apply a little of this liquid several times a day.
• It will be best if you have been in the refrigerator so that the cold increases the feeling of relief.
• Do not hesitate to have an aloe vera plant at home and cut the stems when you need them.
2. Bitter gourd
This vegetable has many health benefits and can be consumed to strengthen the immune system (ideal for those suffering from psoriasis) and reduce inflammation.
In addition, it becomes a homemade cream to relieve this condition that is worth trying.
•The only thing we should do is boil the peeled and sliced pumpkin into slices and then make a puree.
• When warm or at room temperature apply on the scales and leave 20 minutes before removing with warm water.
We can use the banana peel and rub the inner face on the lesions caused by psoriasis or make a cream by stepping on a banana with a fork.
• The resulting paste is spread on the affected skin and left for 15 minutes.
• After that time rinse with warm water.
4. Sodium bicarbonate
It helps relieve itching and exfoliate the skin. Care must be taken not to apply with very strong movements because it can cause irritation.
• 3 tablespoons baking soda (30 g)
• ¼ cup water (62 ml)
• In a bowl place the bicarbonate and gradually pour the water (better if it is at room temperature).
• Form a paste, which you will apply with care on the scaly patches.
• Leave on for 30 minutes (if on fire remove before) and rinse with water.
• Dry giving soft blows with a cotton towel.
This ingredient used to make it spicy at meals can be very useful for treating psoriasis.
It contains a chemical called capsaicin that reduces pain by inhibiting nerve endings. In this case it also reduces inflammation, redness, and flaking.
• You can get the chile extract in the naturist houses and make a paste with a little water, or crush a red pepper with a mortar and achieve the same consistency when mixing with water.
• Then apply to the affected area and leave for 10 minutes.
6. Flax Seeds
Flaxseed has essential oils of great anti-inflammatory power. You can use the seeds of the plant to prepare an ointment or cream for psoriasis that will be very effective.
• 2 tablespoons flax seeds (20 g)
• ¼ cup water (62 ml)
• Place the seeds in a mortar and crush well to make it look like a powder. You can also use flax flour to avoid this step.
• Gradually add the water to form a homogeneous paste.
• Apply on the plates of psoriasis and let it act for 15 minutes.
• Remove with warm water.