Cold sores are one of the most unpredictable and annoying ailments. Fortunately, it poses no serious risk to our health, but no one likes to be seen with that kind of wound on the lip.
In addition, especially at the beginning, it presents a burning and pain that prevents us from eating and talking in comfort.
If we add to the need to use ointments that worsen their appearance, the truth is that it seems understandable that something so seemingly insignificant and benign gives us so much displeasure.
On the other hand, there are also many prejudices as to their origin. In fact, it is a virus that we never get rid of.
This does not mean that we continually suffer from cold sores: you can even have the virus without your symptoms showing up.
However, once they arise, it is usually manifested on more than one occasion throughout our lives. Triggers can be:
• A descent of defenses
• Sudden temperature changes
In these cases, the most frequent is to apply chemical lotions on the affected area. However, we can also take advantage of different home remedies for treating cold sores.
Best Home Remedies for Treating Cold Sores
1. Rub garlic over the blister
It probably looks strange to you, but it is not at all. Perhaps because of its smell is one of the most underutilized foods that exist.
• However, its antibiotic, invigorating and antiviral power is impressive.
• In this sense, rubbing the garlic over the blister is a more than effective solution.
• Do not worry if you hear something at first, it lasts very little and, in addition, you will get rid of the unsightly groove of the cream.
Cold sores are caused by the herpes simplex virus. One of your triggers may be an unbalanced diet.
We must take into account that, through our diet, we obtain two essential amino acids: lysine and arginine.
Lysine tends to prevent cold sores, while arginine feeds the virus and causes it to reactivate.
Milk is rich in lysine, so it is very effective both to alleviate and to prevent the onset of cold sores.
What should you do?
• To take advantage of its benefits you only have to moisten a cotton wool and pass it over the affected area until it disappears.
•Maybe this way of treating cold sores attracts you more than the previous one, since, with it, you get rid of the smell of the first.
However, either is advisable.
3. Aloe vera
The gel of the aloe vera plant helps us to dry and heal the wound. To achieve the desired effect, we have two options.
• We can buy it in a herbalist and apply it with a cotton.
• However, if you have the plant at home, you only need to break it and pass the tender part over the ulcer.
With this simple gesture, in a short time, you will get rid of cold sores. No chemicals, no odors, no pain.
4. Table salt and water
This method is a bit more laborious but very effective. As you know, salt is an exceptional healing, so its usefulness is not negligible.
What should you do?
• Put a pinch of salt on the yolk of the wet fingers.
• Place your fingers on the ulcer for two minutes.
• Wet a cotton ball in hot salted water and press your lips for a few minutes.
• Repeat the process.
5. Increase intake of vitamin C and E
Combining good nutrition with the solutions described is the best decision.
To accelerate our recovery and strengthen the immune system we must increase the consumption of:
Also, in specialized stores, there is pure vitamin E that you can apply on the lip directly.
However, we advise a diet with plenty of these vitamins to prevent the blister, especially during seasonal changes.
With these simple tips, treating cold sores will be a much less aggressive process for your body. Likewise, you will not have to wait until you can go to the pharmacy to start therapy.
At the same moment, you notice the first symptoms you will be in a position to remedy, considering that practically all the elements suggested are in any home.