Soursop is a tropical fruit rich in vitamins (C, B1 and B2) and minerals (magnesium, potassium, copper and iron) that strengthen our body.
It is also notable for its high fiber content, which accelerates the digestive process.
It is not a common plant, but a delicious and ideal option to make a variety of juices and drinks.
In addition to its flavor, when you ingest it you will enjoy the variety of benefits it has for your health.
1. Prevents cancer
It is proven that soursop juice helps fight against cancer and any other malignant tumor.
It is one of the few natural remedies that have been effective in preventing all types of cancer – especially the breast, colon, prostate, and lungs.
Soursop juice offers antioxidant action for the body as it helps eliminate toxins that cause chronic diseases like cancer.
For this reason, it is recommended to take soursop juice as a natural therapy that accompanies medical procedures in patients with cancer.
2. Ideal for losing weight
This fruit helps to lose weight because it contains few calories. Each 100 grams of fruit contains only 65 calories.
Thus, fruit juice can be very suitable if we want to lose weight.
• 1 ripe guanabana
• 1 ½ cup of milk, evaporated milk or water (375 g)
• 1 teaspoon nutmeg (4.7 g) (optional)
• 1 tablespoon vanilla (14.3 g) (optional)
• ½ teaspoon grated ginger (2.4 g) (optional)
• 1 tablespoon honey (25 g) (optional)
• Peel the fruit and place in a bowl with milk.
• Squeeze the fruit with your hands to squeeze all the juice on the milk. (The dough between the hands must be removed).
• If you find it too complicated you can do it with a blender, but then you have to strain the juice to remove the seeds and the fibrous part of the fruit.
• Then add the remaining ingredients to taste.
• Soursop juice is richer if you drink cold or ice.
3. Protects your organs and slows down aging
The guanabana helps prevent nerve damage and maintain a healthy heart.
• Thanks to its high content of vitamin B1 is able to accelerate the metabolism, so we ensure a proper circulation and blood pressure.
• In addition, your vitamin B2 intake is necessary for the production of energy of the body, function of the nervous system and maintenance of the heart.
• Its large amounts of vitamin C make it an excellent antioxidant. Thus, it helps to increase the resistance of the body and slows down the aging process.
4. Prevent the flu
Thanks to its already mentioned contribution of vitamin C the guanábana also helps to prevent and to counter the flu and the cold.
Also, this has a positive impact on strengthening the immune system, as it increases our defenses to deal with viruses and bacteria.
Its nutritional properties allow our body to stay healthy.
5. Strengthens your bones and prevents osteoporosis
Thanks to its contributions of phosphorus and calcium this fruit is ideal to ensure adequate bone and dental health.
It is highly recommended for women in the menopause stage, as it is an excellent way to protect bones from the loss of density they suffer from estrogen depletion.
6. Take care of your liver
Regular intake of this fruit is a healthy way to support the functions of both the liver and the gallbladder.
Its richness in antioxidants favors the purification of this organ and it helps in the process of digestion of fats so that it works in perfect conditions.
7. A Healthy Choice for People with Diabetes
The sugars that make up this fruit are easy to metabolize, and their compounds help combat and stabilize blood glucose spikes.
Unsweetened soursop juice is a very natural choice for people with diabetes. This drink will provide the necessary calories without altering the sugar levels.
8. Regulate intestinal transit
Because of its natural fiber content, soursop juice helps positively against constipation.
On the other hand, it is also useful to restore and take care of our intestinal flora, so that it optimizes your digestive system.
9. It helps to fall asleep
Many people who suffer from insomnia advise consuming soursop to combat sleep disorders. And this fruit helps us achieve a peaceful and restful sleep.
It is also advised to people anxious or stressed as it contains nutrients that act on the nervous system. It works as a natural sedative that will allow you to relax before going to bed.
10. Increases energy
To avoid having to resort to commercial energizers and rich in stimulant compounds, it is worth bearing in mind that the guanabana can represent a healthier source of energy.
This is due to its significant contribution of fructose, the natural sweet that contains the fruits, and that can activate the body both physically and mentally.
We advise you to consume it at breakfast to start your day with energy.